- BlackBerry ID
- BBM for Android
- BBM for iPhone
- iPod touch
If the BlackBerry ID account password cannot be reset because the Password Recovery Answer is not known, a reset of the BlackBerry ID account can be completed. Resetting the BlackBerry ID account allows for creation of a new BlackBerry ID account using the same email address.
Warning: Completing a BlackBerry ID reset is an irreversible action and should only be completed as a final troubleshooting step if all other options have been exhausted. Completing a BlackBerry ID reset will remove any currently associated data such as BBM contacts.
If the Password Recovery Answer is known, see KB34776 to reset the BlackBerry ID account password.
Note: The inbox of the email address being used as the BlackBerry ID Username must be accessible in order to complete the reset.
To reset the BlackBerry ID account:
- From the BlackBerry ID Sign In screen in BBM on the device, select Forgot Password.
- Enter the BlackBerry ID Username and Verification Code, then select Submit.
- After two failed attempts to answer the Password Recovery Question, a Reset BlackBerry ID Account link will be displayed.
- Tap the Reset BlackBerry ID Account link.
- Review the displayed text and tap Send/Submit to receive an email message for the BlackBerry ID account reset.
- Access the inbox of the email address being used as the BlackBerry ID Username from the browser on the device or a computer and open the reset email message.
- Select the Reset BlackBerry ID Account link.
- Select Continue to complete the reset of the BlackBerry ID account.
For steps to create a new BlackBerry ID account on BBM for Android and iPhone, see KB35360.
Be sure to securely document the BlackBerry ID Username, Password, and Password Recovery Answer for future usage.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.