- BlackBerry ID
- BBM for Android
- BBM for Windows Phone
- BBM for iPhone
- iPod touch
If you are unable to login to your BlackBerry ID account and cannot answer the password recovery question or access the email inbox associated with your BlackBerry ID, you will not be able to sign in or regain access to the BlackBerry ID account. The only option is to reset the account and create a new one. Resetting the BlackBerry ID account allows for creation of a new BlackBerry ID account using the same email address, however, it will also complete the following:
Resetting the BlackBerry ID will:
- Delete the BlackBerry ID account
- Delete all BBM contacts
- Delete all BlackBerry World purchases (pertains to BlackBerry devices)
- Remove the ability to restore any BlackBerry 10 smartphone backups (pertains to BlackBerry devices)
Warning: Completing a BlackBerry ID reset is an irreversible action and should only be completed as a final troubleshooting step if all other options have been exhausted.
If you know the answer to your Password Recovery Question and would like to keep your existing BlackBerry ID account, see KB28685 to reset the BlackBerry ID account password.
If you know your existing BlackBerry ID Password and would like to change it, see KB26361.
- The inbox of the email address being used as the BlackBerry ID Username must be accessible in order to complete the reset.
- Once the BlackBerry ID account has been reset, a new BlackBerry ID account can be created using the same email address.
To complete the BlackBerry ID account reset, complete the following steps:
- From the BlackBerry ID Sign In screen in BBM on the device, select Forgot Password.
- Enter the BlackBerry ID Username and Verification Code, then select Submit.
- If prompted with the password recovery question, enter two incorrect answers (tapping OK to submit each one). Note: In some cases this step will not be required.
Note: If the BlackBerry ID account has been locked due to 10 failed login attempts the Reset BlackBerry ID Account link will be displayed after one failed attempt to answer.
- Tap the Reset BlackBerry ID Account link.
- A message will be displayed to confirm. Review the message and tap Send/Submit to send the reset email to your email account.
- On the computer or your device, access the associated email inbox and open the email with Subject: Resetting your BlackBerry ID account.
Note: If the email is not received, see KB28232.
- Click Reset BlackBerry ID Account.
- On the Delete BlackBerry ID Request page, click Continue.
- Click Continue to complete the reset.
- A confirmation message is displayed advising that the BlackBerry ID has been deleted.
Note: If the reset email is accessed via Microsoft Outlook and the Reset BlackBerry ID Account link is not functioning, forward the reset email to another webmail inbox. Then login, locate the forwarded reset email and complete the reset process by selecting the Reset BlackBerry ID Account link.
Once the account has been fully reset, the email address can be used to create a new BlackBerry ID account. For steps on how to create a BlackBerry ID account on BBM for Android, iPhone, and Windows Phone see KB35360.
Important Note: Be sure to securely document securely document your new BlackBerry ID login information for future usage and confirm your BlackBerry ID account (see KB34137). Confirming your account ensures that you will be able to easily reset your password in future if it is forgotten.
To secure your BlackBerry ID account and ensure you are able to easily reset your password in future, please confirm your BlackBerry ID here
If you need further BBID support you can get support here
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.