- BlackBerry 10 OS
The following information is intended for retail support representatives who are assisting customers with troubleshooting.
The customer may encounter issues in which the social networking applications on their BlackBerry smartphone are non responsive. Use the following steps as a guide for troubleshooting.
Ask the customer about a non responsive feature in the social networking application:
- Determine if there is a feature in the social networking application that is non responsive.
If the feature worked before:
- Advise the customer to verify that features are working in other social networking applications on their BlackBerry smartphone.
If the feature never worked:
- Advise the customer to visit the social networking vendor’s website and check permissions (for example, if the customer cannot view pictures in Facebook, their permissions may have disabled this feature on mobile devices).
Ask the customer about a nonresponsive or crashing social networking application:
- Determine if the social networking application is non responsive or if it is crashing.
- Determine if the customer has a data connection:
- If connectivity issues persist, the customer may need to contact their wireless service provider for further information (for example, a service disruption may be causing connectivity issues).
- Advise the customer to verify that other social networking applications are working on their BlackBerry smartphone.
- Advise the customer to restart their BlackBerry smartphone.
- The social networking vendor may be experiencing a service disruption. Advise the customer to check the vendor’s website for further information.
Note: Useful websites to check for social networking service disruptions include: www.downrightnow.com and www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.