- BlackBerry 10 OS
The following information is intended for retail support representatives who are assisting customers with troubleshooting.
If the customer’s BlackBerry smartphone battery does not charge, use the following as a basis for helping the customer:
Ask the customer about their charging methods:
- Are they using third-party batteries or chargers?
- Are they using an old BlackBerry charger?
- Is the customer using alternative charging methods (for example, car USB port, airplane seat, laptop without BlackBerry® Link, or other BlackBerry driver software)?
- If the customer uses a third-party battery or charger it could cause power problems such as the inability to charge. Advise the customer to only use the battery and charger that BlackBerry specifies for use with their particular BlackBerry smartphone model.
- If the customer is using the specified charger but their battery still does not charge, please check the battery icon. If the correct battery model is being used and a "?" is displayed, then the battery is not genuine and must be replaced.
- If the customer uses an old BlackBerry charger or an alternative charging method, there might not be sufficient current to fully charge a newer BlackBerry smartphone in the given time. Advise the customer to only use the charger that BlackBerry specifies for use with their particular BlackBerry smartphone model.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.