- BlackBerry 10 OS
The following information is intended for retail support representatives who are assisting customers with troubleshooting.
If a customer experiences issues with their SIM card and/or slot, use the following steps as a basis for helping the customer:
- Remove the SIM card from the BlackBerry smartphone.
- Check the SIM card and slot for physical damage (for example, aging, scraped pins, debris,, evidence of forced insertion, etc.).
- Check to see if the customer has modified their SIM card in any way (for example, if they have cut their SIM card).
Note: You should not modify the old SIM card to fit the BlackBerry 10 SIM card tray. Contact the customer’s service provider for a new SIM card if this is the case.
- Locate the orange SIM card icon on the BlackBerry smartphone. Orient the SIM card to match the icon.
- Fully insert the SIM card in the BlackBerry smartphone.
Note: After you correctly insert a SIM card, restart the BlackBerry smartphone and examine the upper-right corner of the BlackBerry smartphone to identify which network status indicators, if any, appear.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.