- BlackBerry 10 OS
The following information is intended for retail support representatives who are assisting customers with troubleshooting.
Cloud services applications (for example, Dropbox and Box) are available on BlackBerry smartphones to provide customers with the ability to store and access files anywhere.
Ask the customer about their authentication history
- Determine when the issue started occurring. Ask the customer if they successfully logged in to the application on their BlackBerry smartphone.
- Ask the customer if they recently changed their login ID or password.
- Ask the customer if they enabled the Keep me logged in or Remember Me options on the appropriate login screen.
- Ask the customer if they are able to view the Dropbox or Box application in their File Manager.
- Verify that the customer uses the correct information (login and password) to authenticate their account. Advise the customer to copy and paste their information, as these applications do not allow the customer to view the password letters as they type.
- Verify that the customer did not enable the Keep me logged in option. Advise the customer that this may lead to authentication issues if they change their password.
- Verify that the customer can connect to the application from a different source (for example, a computer).
- Verify that the customer can view their Dropbox or Box application files in File Manager.
- To view the relevant tutorials, visit docs.blackberry.com. Under the BlackBerry Manuals & Help section, choose BlackBerry Manuals > Smartphones > BlackBerry smartphones. Choose the relevant BlackBerry smartphone model. Tutorials are easily identified in the list by the word Tutorials at the beginning of the title.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.