- BlackBerry 7 and earlier
- Light sensor
- Liquid Damage Indicator (LDI)
The following information is intended for retail support representatives who are assisting customers with troubleshooting.
BlackBerry smartphone users may experience issues with the display. This article provides information to help troubleshoot display issues.
Regarding use of BlackBerry Software: Individuals working in a retail support capacity may assist customers with updating, backing up, restoring and reloading their software by providing the appropriate KB, if applicable, and using customer’s hardware ONLY. In order to protect the privacy of customer data, only the BlackBerry Virtual Expert tool should be used.
Note: BlackBerry Desktop Software and BlackBerry Link are for customer use only.
The first step in resolving a customer issue is to perform a physical inspection of the BlackBerry smartphone. For more information, see KB35521.
The following articles provide information to help with general troubleshooting:
The following articles provide information to help with advanced troubleshooting:
- KB27975 - There is a blank white screen on the BlackBerry smartphone
- KB28451 - BlackBerry smartphone display dims to a black screen during a phone call in bright conditions and will not turn on again until the call is ended
- KB29018 - The BlackBerry smartphone home screen background is very dark which makes wall paper invisible
- KB29260 - How to identify liquid damage on the BlackBerry smartphone
- For User Guides, Visual Demonstrations, and Tutorials, visit docs.blackberry.com. Under the BlackBerry Manuals & Help section, choose BlackBerry Manuals > Smartphones > BlackBerry smartphones. Choose the relevant BlackBerry smartphone model.
Searching for other possible solutions
If a solution is not found by using the information or articles linked above, use the following tips to effectively search the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for a solution:
- Use the customer's words.
- For example, BlackBerry will not turn on instead of The device will not boot or startup.
- Use keywords and be straight to the point (avoid filler).
- For example,
When theBlackBerry has been turned off itwill not turn on
- For example,
- Use quotes to search for an exact set of words.
- For example, Application net_rim_bb_vvm is not responding finds many articles, but "Application net_rim_bb_vvm is not responding" finds only the article with the exact error.
- Refine search results by entering another search in the Search Within search box or by selecting the applicable product from the Focus Your Results section in the left sidebar.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.