- BBM version 10.3
- BlackBerry 10 smartphones
Check the CPU screen within Device Monitor to confirm if another application may be using a high percentage of CPU resources, leading to slow performance of other applications such as BBM. The CPU screen may be accessed using the following steps:
- Swipe down from the top bezel to access the Quick Settings menu.
- Tap on Settings
- Tap on App Manager
- Tap on Device Manager
- Tap on CPU
- In the upper right hand corner of the display, tap on Current and select Last 12 Hours from the menu that displays.
If there are no other applications contributing to high CPU utilization and BBM still exhibits slow performance, collect the following information so that this can be investigated further:
- Reproduce the slow performance behavior within BBM, noting exactly which steps were taken and how long the action took to complete.
- Take note of the time at which the testing occurred for step 1.
- Few minutes of reproducing the sluggish behavior, collect the logs from the BlackBerry 10 smartphone using the steps outlined in KB26038.
- Access the Last 12 Hours view of the screen CPU within Device Monitor
- Locate and tap on BBM from the list of applications
- Collect screenshots of this screen by briefly pressing both the volume up and volume down keys at the same time, scrolling down and taking another screenshot until the entire height of the screen is captured. Note: Screenshots will be located in the Camera folder of the Pictures application. For BlackBerry 10 smartphones activated on a BES, the pictures may be located in the same folder within the Work space.
Provide the above information to the BlackBerry Technical Support Service person that requested this information.
Should a support ticket not be currently opened, visit the Support section of www.bbm.com and use the Contact us for additional assistance button.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.