- BlackBerry® Desktop Software 6.0 to 7.1
- BlackBerry® Desktop Manager 4.5 to 5.0.1
- Microsoft® Outlook®
- Microsoft® Windows® XP
- Microsoft® Windows Vista™
- Microsoft® Windows 7
When organizer data synchronization options are configured in BlackBerry® Desktop Software, Microsoft® Outlook® is unavailable as a translator.
Complete the appropriate steps until Microsoft® Outlook® translator shows as available:
Step 1 - Microsoft Outlook is not installed on the BlackBerry® smartphone user's computer.
Verify that Microsoft Outlook is installed on the BlackBerry smartphone user's computer by checking the Add or Remove Programs setting.
Note : Click to Run versions of Outlook are not supported. To determine if the version of Microsoft Office is bundled with Microsoft Outlook, go to office.microsoft.com .
Step 2 - Microsoft Outlook is not the default email application.
Verify that Microsoft Outlook is the default email application:
Click Start > Settings > Control Panel.
Double-click Internet Options.
Click the Programs tab.
In the Email drop-down list, click Microsoft Outlook.
Step 3 - Two or more editions of Microsoft Office might be currently installed on the computer.
Go to Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs to display the list of applications installed.
Look for the Microsoft Office application.
Verify that there is more than one edition of Microsoft Office installed (for example, Microsoft Office 2003 Basic Edition, and Microsoft Office 2003 Professional Edition.)
If there is more than one edition of Microsoft Office installed, the BlackBerry Desktop Software might not detect Microsoft Outlook as a translator option.
For more assistance with this issue search the Microsoft Support Knowledge Base for Running multiple versions of Office with Office 2003.
Step 4 - Microsoft Outlook 2002 is installed on the computer running older version of BlackBerry Desktop Software
Microsoft Outlook 2002 is not supported by BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0.1. For more information, see KB12268 and upgrade to BlackBerry Desktop Software version 6.1.
Step 5 - The MsOutlookConnector.fil file did not register correctly during installation.
- If using BlackBerry Desktop Software 7.0 or 7.1 proceed to Step 6
- Log in to an account that has administrator privileges.
- Open a command prompt.
- Type cd C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Connectors\MS Outlook Connector\. For BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0 to 6.1, please use the following path(s):
- 32-bit versions of Microsoft Windows: C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop\IntelliSync\Connectors\MS Outlook Connector\
- 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop\Intellisync\Connectors\MS Outlook Connector\
- Type regsvr32 MsOutlookConnector.fil and press Enter.
Note: The following error message might be displayed when step 3 has been completed:
The module msoutlookconnector.fil was loaded, but the call to DLLRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005
If this happens, turn off the User Accounts Control (UAC) and register the MsOutlookConnector.fil file again.
To turn off the UAC in Windows Vista, complete the following steps:
Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel.
Under User Accounts and Family Settings, click Add or remove user account.
Select one of the user accounts or the guest account.
Under the account, click Go to the main User Account.
Under Make changes to your user account, click the Change security settings link.
Under Turn on User Account Control (UAC) to make your computer more secure, clear Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer and turn off the UAC.
Restart the computer.
Step 6 - There is an issue with the MAPI profile
Create a new MAPI profile and then configure the BlackBerry Desktop Software to use the new profile.
For instructions on how to create a new MAPI profile, visit the Microsoft Help and support site and read article 195718.
For instructions on how to configure the BlackBerry Desktop Software to use the new profile, see KB03650 .
Step 7 - Microsoft Outlook needs to be repaired.
For Microsoft Outlook 2003, perform the following steps:
From the main menu, click Help.
Click Detect and Repair.
For Microsoft Outlook 2007, perform the following steps:
- From the main menu, click Help.
- Click Office Diagnostics.
- Please contact Microsoft support for assistance with repairing Microsoft Office installation or you can refer to the following article from Microsoft here
- Click Start, then click Control Panel.
- Click Programs and Features.
- Click the Office 2010 program, then click Change.
- Click Repair, then click Continue. The computer may need to restart after the repair is complete.
This KB article contains information previously documented in KB15090, KB15305, and KB16194.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.