- BlackBerry® Smart Card Reader
- Bluetooth® enabled BlackBerry smartphone
- BlackBerry® Desktop Software
To upgrade the BlackBerry Smart Card Reader software, complete the following steps:
- Reset the BlackBerry Smart Card Reader by turning off the Bluetooth adapter and holding the Action button until Resetting appears on the screen.
Bluetooth pairing information and the secure pairing key are cleared from the BlackBerry Smart Card Reader.
- Close the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager if it is open.
- Download the BlackBerry Smart Card Reader software onto the computer from the Software Download for BlackBerry Support web page.
- After the download is complete, double-click the software installation file.
- Complete the instructions on the screen.
- Using a USB cable, connect the BlackBerry Smart Card Reader to the computer.
- Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
- Double-click Application Loader.
- Select Start under Add/Remove applications.
- Select the Bluetooth Smart Card Reader check box.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
For more information, see the following documentation at www.blackberry.com.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.