- BlackBerry® Desktop Software
- S/MIME Support Package for BlackBerry® smartphones
- BlackBerry smartphones
The S/MIME Support Package for BlackBerry® smartphones must be installed using the application loader tool found in the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager. To perform this, complete the following steps:
- Refer to KB12532 to install the latest versions of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and BlackBerry® Device Software.
- For versions earlier than BlackBerry Device Software 4.5, the correct version of the S/MIME Support Package will need to be downloaded from the download now link on http://na.blackberry.com/eng/ataglance/security/products/smime.jsp.
- For versions earlier than BlackBerry Device Software 4.0, S/MIME Support Package 1.5 must be downloaded and installed in Windows®.
- For BlackBerry Device Software 4.0, S/MIME Support Package 4.0 must be downloaded and installed in Windows.
- For BlackBerry Device Software 4.1 and 4.2, S/MIME Support Package 4.1 must be downloaded and installed in Windows.
- For BlackBerry Device Software 4.5 and later, the S/MIME support package application is included in the BlackBerry Device Software installer.
- Refer to KB03621 and install the BlackBerry S/MIME Support Package on the BlackBerry smartphone by ensuring that the S/MIME Support Package has been checked in the Device Application Selection screen of the Application Loader.
Note: In order to synchronize certificates BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.1 will be required. If the option to synchronize certifications is missing in BlackBerry Desktop Software please see KB23666 .
For instructions on how to enable the S/MIME support package for BlackBerry smartphones with the BlackBerry Administration Service settings, please see KB25677.
Please refer to Certificate Synchronization in the BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.1 user guide for information on how to synchronize certificates to the BlackBerry smartphone using the certificate synchronization tool.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.