- BlackBerry® smartphone
- BlackBerry® Desktop Manager
The hourglass or clock symbol spins continuously on the BlackBerry® smartphone, and performing a hard reset does not resolve the issue.
Note: For instructions on how to perform a hard reset on the BlackBerry smartphone, see KB02141.
Perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry® Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
For instructions on how to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software, please see KB03621 .
For instructions on how to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac, please see KB19915.
Because the BlackBerry smartphone is unable to start, the BlackBerry Desktop Manager will not detect the BlackBerry smartphone. However, a connection should be established through the application loader tool in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager using the following steps:
- Remove the battery from the BlackBerry smartphone.
- Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and click Application Loader.
- Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
- Run the application loader tool until the process says Device Initialization.
- Re-insert the battery in the BlackBerry smartphone and the process should continue successfully.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.