- BlackBerry® Desktop Manager 4.5 to 5.0.1
- BlackBerry® Desktop Software for Mac
Complete the following steps to restore a ringtone:
- Connect the BlackBerry® smartphone to a computer.
- Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
- Double-click Backup and Restore.
- To restore specific BlackBerry smartphone data from a backup file, click Advanced.
- Select File from the menu, and click Open.
- Double-click a backup file.
- In the Desktop File Databases section, select the content store database.
- Click the Right Arrow icon to overwrite the database of the BlackBerry smartphone.
For instructions restoring data using a Mac computer, please follow KB18776
Images are also backed up in the content store database. For detailed information about how to backup the BlackBerry smartphone, refer to KB12487.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.