- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 4.1 SP2 to 4.1 SP7
To configure proxy settings for the BlackBerry® Mobile Data System (BlackBerry MDS) Connection Service, complete the following steps:
- In BlackBerry Manager, select BlackBerry MDS Connection Service.
- On the Connection Service tab, click Edit Properties.
- Click Proxy.
- Double-click Proxy Mappings.
- Click New.
- In the Universal Resource Locator field, type the URL expression that the proxy mapping rule will control.
- In the Description field, type a description of the proxy mapping rule.
- Double-click Proxy String.
- Click New.
- In the Proxy Type drop-down list, complete one of the following tasks:
- Click PROXY.
- Double-click the Proxy String field.
- Type the proxy server name and port number, or exclude the URL from routing through the proxy server.
- Click DIRECT.
- Double-click the Proxy String field, and delete the default value.
- Click OK.
- Click OK again.
To configure a specific URL for an internal site that already has the Catch All proxy URL configuration in place (http://.* <http://.*/> ), place the new URL before the Catch All proxy URL as described in the following example:
BlackBerry smartphone users need to browse internal web sites, but can only browse external web sites. The current proxy mappings are configured with http://.* or the default long universal string. To configure the proxy mappings, the specific entries should come before the Catch All setting. The Catch All setting will only be evaluated if the web site the BlackBerry smartphone user is browsing does not meet the first criteria in the list.
The resulting list should look like the following:
where <internal_server_name> is the specific server that will be accessed internally.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.