- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server for Microsoft® Exchange
- Microsoft® Exchange 2007
- Microsoft® Exchange 2010
This installation discussed in this knowledge base article is intended only for BlackBerry® Enterprise Server.
Starting with Microsoft® Exchange 2007, neither the Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) client libraries nor Collaboration Data Object (CDO) are provided as a part of the base product installation. As a result, there is functionality missing that many applications depend on. Microsoft Exchange MAPI and CDO 1.2.1 provide access to these Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), which, in turn, provide access to the contents of MAPI stores.
Because the CDO and MAPI dynamic-link libraries (DLLs) are unavailable in Microsoft Exchange 2007, it would require the download and install of exchangemapiCDO.exe from Microsoft's web site.
The missing MAPI and CDO DLLs cause problems when installing or upgrading the BlackBerry Enterprise Server with Microsoft Exchange 2007. This will be noted by receiving MAPI mismatch errors. As a result, the BlackBerry Enterprise Server cannot communicate with Microsoft Exchange directly or access the Global Address List and other server objects without these files.
To download and install the MAPI Client, complete the following steps:
- Go to the Microsoft Download web site and search for Article number: 945835 or Article Name: Exchange Server 2003 MAPI CDO 1.2.1 and CDO 1.2.1.
- Download the ExchangeMapiCdo.EXE file, not the ExchangeMapiCdo.MSI file.
- When prompted to run or save the file, click Save to save the ExchangeMapiCdo folder to the desired location.
- Open the folder and click the ExchangeMapiCdo.MSI file to apply all the CDO and MAPI files needed.
- A reboot of the Server will be required in order to initialize the MAPI subsystem.
Note: If part way through the installation of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, after the reboot, log back in to the server using the BlackBerry Service Account and manually start the Setup.exe again. This will continue the installation from the point where the installation had stopped.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.