- BlackBerry® Maps
- Supported BlackBerry® smartphones on the AT&T Network
- DT 1009416
The BlackBerry® Maps icon is not visible on a BlackBerry® smartphone.
- The BlackBerry Maps application is not currently available for BlackBerry smartphones on the AT&T network that are running BlackBerry® Device Software 4.5 and earlier.
- The BlackBerry Maps application requires a separate installation over the wireless network for BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry Device Software 4.6 or later on the AT&T network.
- The service plan is not configured for BlackBerry Maps
- The BlackBerry Maps icon disappeared after a period of time.
- AT&T requested that no icon appear on the device however the application will still function for BlackBerry Smartphones with pre-7.0 handheld code
The BlackBerry Maps application is currently available for BlackBerry smartphones on the AT&T network that are running BlackBerry® Device Software 4.6 and later.
- Verify that the BlackBerry smartphone is running at least the following BlackBerry Device Software versions or later:
- BlackBerry Bold 9000 smartphone: BlackBerry Device Software 126.96.36.1992
- BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone: BlackBerry Device Software 188.8.131.522
- For other BlackBerry smartphone models ensure they are at the latest available version.
Note: To locate the version of BlackBerry Device Software that is currently installed on the smartphone, go to Options > About. If the version is earlier than those listed above, download the latest version from the wireless service provider's website and follow KB03621, or update the BlackBerry Device Software by following the instructions in KB16068. When viewing the available applications to install, ensure that BlackBerry Maps is selected.
- Verify that BlackBerry Maps has been installed on the smartphone. Go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications. Check for BlackBerry Maps in the list.
- Open the browser application on the smartphone and navigate to www.blackberry.com/blackberrymaps. Select the Download Now link and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the download.
- Once this has been completed, the icon will now be unblocked and display on either the Home screen or in the Downloads folder for the smartphone. The required service records to use the BlackBerry Maps application will also be added to the smartphone.
- Contact your carrier for further support to confirm that your data plan includes services for BlackBerry Maps
There is a known issue related to BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 where after completing the steps above the BlackBerry Maps icon disappears after some time, or after a registration occurs on the BlackBerry smartphone.
This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.
Follow the instructions in the Resolution section to obtain the icon again. Select the option to overwrite the version with the same version to reinstall the application.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.