- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server software version 3.6 to 4.1 for Microsoft® Exchange
- Microsoft® Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2
Calendar entries that are created on the BlackBerry smartphone appear one hour ahead in Microsoft® Outlook® after applying Daylight Saving Time (DST) updates.
The following are possible causes for the issue:
- The DST updates were applied in the incorrect order.
- The CDO.DLL file was manually registered on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server rather than updated using the instructions from Microsoft Knowledge Base article 926666. Visit the Microsoft Help and Support web site to read article KB926666. The article has instructions for running Exchange2003-KB926666-v2-x86-ENU.exe.
Complete the following steps to resolve this issue:
- Remove all copies of the CDO.DLL file from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
- Perform one of the following steps:
- If the update from Microsoft article 926666 was performed, manually register a new copy of the updated CDO.DLL (obtained from the Microsoft Exchange Server) on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server using instructions from KB02937.
- If the update from Microsoft article 926666 was not performed, follow the steps in that article.
- Restart the BlackBerry Dispatcher service.
Important: Restarting the BlackBerry Enterprise Server services will delay email message delivery to BlackBerry devices. For more information, see KB04789.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.