- BlackBerry® Device Software version 4.5 to 4.7
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server for Microsoft® Exchange
- BlackBerry smartphones
When an encrypted email message with an attachment is received on a BlackBerry smartphone, the BlackBerry smartphone user is unable to open the attachment because Open Attachment is missing from the menu on the BlackBerry smartphone.
To open encrypted attachments in Secure Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME) or PGP-protected messages, the following software is required:
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 4.1 SP5 to 4.1 SP6 for Microsoft Exchange
- BlackBerry Device Software version 4.5 to 4.7
To enable support for encrypted attachments in S/MIME or PGP-protected messages, complete the following steps:
- Update BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 4.1 for Microsoft Exchange to BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 4.1 SP5 or 4.1 SP6.
- Update the BlackBerry smartphones to BlackBerry Device Software version 4.5.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.