- BlackBerry® Mobile Voice System version 4.6
- BlackBerry® smartphones
In an environment that includes multiple BlackBerry® MVS Server instances, only one BlackBerry MVS Server instance connects to the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server and runs the BlackBerry MVS Connection Service. The BlackBerry MVS Server that connects to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server must be configured with the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the other BlackBerry MVS Server instances so that the BlackBerry MVS Connection Service can direct messages from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server to the appropriate BlackBerry MVS Server instance.
Before adding BlackBerry MVS Server instances, complete the following tasks:
- For each BlackBerry MVS Server, verify that the name of the server.
- Verify the IP address of the Intel® PRO/1000 MT Dual Port Server Adapter that the BlackBerry MVS Server uses for voice communication.
- Verify that site administrator permissions are present to perform this task.
Once the above tasks have been confirmed, complete the following steps:
- Log in to the BlackBerry MVS web UI of the BlackBerry MVS Server instance that connects to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
- On the Administration menu, click BlackBerry Enterprise Server Connection.
- In the MVS Servers section, click Add.
- In the System ID field, type the name of the BlackBerry MVS Server instance.
- In the Call Processor IP Address field, type the IP address of the Intel PRO/1000 MT Dual Port Server Adapter.
- Click Save.
Note: Repeat steps 3 to 6 for each BlackBerry MVS Server instance.
After all of the above changes have been made, restart the BlackBerry MVS Connection Service.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.