- BlackBerry® Device Software 5.0.284
- BlackBerry® Internet Service
- Google Mail™
To disable Google Mail™ contact synchronization with the BlackBerry® smartphone, complete the following steps:
- Open the Setup folder on the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone and click Email Settings.
- Click the Google Mail account.
- Press the Menu key and click Edit.
- Scroll down and expand Synchronization Options.
- Clear the Contacts check box and click Save.
- Confirm the Google mail password and click OK.
NOTE: Google Mail™ is known as Gmail® in some countries.
For more information about synchronizing contacts between Google Mail and the BlackBerry smartphone, see KB19269.
To delete the contact list information from the BlackBerry smartphone, see KB21118.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.