- BlackBerry® Desktop Manager
- BlackBerry® Messenger version 22.214.171.124
The following outlines the multiple methods and order in which the BlackBerry® Messenger contact list is restored to a BlackBerry smartphone when switching BlackBerry smartphones or preceeding a Security Wipe.
- If a BlackBerry® Internet Service Email account is associated with a BlackBerry smartphone, when switching BlackBerry smartphones or preceeding a Security Wipe, the BlackBerry Messenger will prompt to recover the contact list.
- If a BlackBerry Internet Service account doesn't exist, but the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager Switch Device Wizard is utilized, the BlackBerry Desktop Manager will automatically restore a copy of the contacts list.
- If neither BlackBerry Internet Service account is associated or the BlackBerry Desktop Manager Switch Device Wizard methods are used, the only way to recover the contact list is by restoring from a previous backup file.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.