- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
- BlackBerry smartphones
When the Password Keeper database is restored from the Password Keeper application on a previous BlackBerry® smartphone to a new smartphone, the following message appears:
A password entry created on #/#/#### is protected by an old password. Please enter the old password to convert the entry.
The reason for this message is security related and for password encryption. When the Password Keeper database is restored to a Password Keeper application that has not been set up yet, the application is not able to open the database. To gain access to the Password Keeper database, perform the following steps:
- Log in to the Password Keeper application in your previous BlackBerry smartphone.
- Press the Menu key, go to Options, and change Wireless Synchronization to NO.
- Create a backup of the Password Keeper database using BlackBerry® Desktop Software. For more information, see KB13428.
- Create the same login password in the Password Keeper application on the new smartphone.
- Restore the Password Keeper database from the previous smartphone to the new smartphone.
- Log in to the Password Keeper application on the new smartphone and make sure that the data is restored correctly.
- Activate the new BlackBerry smartphone on the wireless network.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.