- BlackBerry smartphones
BlackBerry smartphone users of ICQ instant messaging versions 2.5 and higher may receive the following message:
BlackBerry smartphone users of ICQ instant messaging versions earlier than version 2.5 may receive the following error message:
For alternative instant messaging applications, please visit BlackBerry App World.
- On the BlackBerry smartphone, go to Options
- Complete the appropriate following step for the version of BlackBerry® Device Software:
- If the smartphone is using BlackBerry Device Software 4.1 to 4.7, go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications.
- If the smartphone is using BlackBerry Device Software 5.0, go to Options > Applications> then select Third Party.
- If the smartphone is using BlackBerry 6.0, go to Options > Device > Application Management.
- Highlight the ICQ application, press the Menu key and select Delete.
Note: Several screenshots are included below that show the deletion screen depending on which version of BlackBerry Device Software you are using.
BlackBerry Device Software 4.1 to 4.7
BlackBerry Device Software 5.0
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.