BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 to 5.0 SP2
- Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2
- DT 786855
When certain Microsoft hotfixes are applied to Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2 before or after installation of the BlackBerry Administration Service, the following may be observed when attempting to open the BlackBerry Administration Service console:
- The BlackBerry Administration Services remain started, but the page cannot be displayed appears when attempting to open the BlackBerry Administration Service Console
- The BlackBerry Administration Services remain started, but the attempt to login never completes, and remains in a waiting state for the login authentication.
- The BlackBerry Administration Services remain started, and the administrator is able to login, however the console runs very slowly. The following log line is seen in the BlackBerry Administration Service Application Server (BAS-AS) logs:
ClientAbortException: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write error
When either of the following Microsoft hotfixes are installed on the same server as the BlackBerry Administration Server services, the BlackBerry Administration Service Application Server (BAS-AS) and BlackBerry Administration Service Native Code Container (BAS-NCC) services become unresponsive.
- Hotfix for MS10-021 related to Microsoft KB979683
- Hotfix for MS10-047 related to Microsoft KB981852
- Hotfix for MS11-002 related to Microsoft KB2419640
- Remove the following patches:
- Hotfix for MS10-021 related to Microsoft KB979683.
- Hotfix for MS10-047 related to Microsoft KB981852.
- Hotfix for MS11-002 related to Microsoft KB2419640.
- Reboot the affected BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
Install a new BlackBerry Administration Service node on Windows Server 2003.
- The second BlackBerry Administration node can be installed into the same pool as the existing non-functional node and used until the issue is corrected.
- The affected BlackBerry Administration Services on the affected server can be stopped and set to manual. They do not need to be uninstalled.
- The core BlackBerry services can remain running on the existing server, with the Microsoft patch applied, as they are not affected by this issue.
At the command prompt run either command to obtain the hotfix list:
- systeminfo > c:\winpatches.txt
- wmic qfe get > c:\WindowsHotfixes.txt
Search the output file for the hotfixes listed.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.