- BlackBerry® ID
BlackBerry ID account management has been designed to be a self-service option. In order to delete a BlackBerry ID, the original email sent to the BlackBerry ID username (email address) when the account was created will contain a link to delete the account:
"If you did not create or do not recognize this account, please click here to delete this BlackBerry ID."
Click the here link in the message, then follow the steps to delete the BlackBerry ID.
Once the BlackBerry ID has been deleted, all account information associated to the account will not be recoverable. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- All BlackBerry App World purchases will no longer be available
- All information and backup data within BlackBerry Protect will no longer be available
- Any subscriptions to BBM Music will no longer be available
- Any RSS subscriptions within BlackBerry News will no longer be available
- BlackBerry Internet Service email account associations to that BlackBerry ID will be lost (on BlackBerry 7 and higher devices). Email accounts will then need to be re-associated through a new BlackBerry ID
The following information can be used to search the mail client for the original welcome message sent when the BlackBerry ID was created:
Hello <Customer first name>,
You've created a BlackBerry ID!
To enjoy the benefits of your BlackBerry ID, confirm your email address by clicking on this link:
This link will expire in 24 hours.
BlackBerry ID is your universal BlackBerry key. Here's what is offers:
- One sign in for all BlackBerry applications, services, and websites.
- Automatic transfer of some email accounts and services when you switch smartphones.
- Full access to all features in BlackBerry ® App World ™ storefront.
- Protection of financial transaction using BlackBerry services.
You can learn more about BlackBerry ID by visiting https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/
The BlackBerry Team
If you did not create or do not recognize this account, please click here to delete this BlackBerry ID.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.