- BlackBerry® Desktop Software (Windows)
Warning: The following procedures will delete all SMS data on the BlackBerry smartphone. Back up the data prior to performing the procedure. For instructions, see your product documentation.
To clear the SMS Message database from the BlackBerry® smartphone using BlackBerry® Desktop Software 6.0 complete the following steps:
- Connect the smartphone to the computer.
- Open the BlackBerry Desktop Software, and then type the password for the smartphone (if one is set).
- In BlackBerry Desktop Software, Select the Device menu, and then click Delete Data.
- Choose Selected data
- From the list of Data Types, check off SMS Messages.
- Backing up the smartphone before removing the information is optional. It is recommended to check off Back up data before deleting.
- Click Delete.
Depending on your wireless service provider and wireless network, the BlackBerry smartphone may include an option to Store SMS text messages on your SIM card. If your SIM card is set to store SMS text messages, the SIM card does not delete SMS text messages after the BlackBerry® device imports them to a message list. It may be required to disable this to ensure that all SMS messages are actually deleted and will not import again on the BlackBerry smartphone.
- On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
- Click SMS.
- Set the Leave Messages On SIM Card field to No.
- Press the Menu key.
- Click Save.
Note: If you set this field to No, SMS text messages on your SIM card are deleted after the device imports them to a message list.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.