- BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 5.0 to 5.0.4
- Blackberry Enterprise Server Express version 5.0 to 5.0.4
For the purposes of troubleshooting, BlackBerry Technical Support Services may require the BlackBerry Enterprise Server debug logs. In order to accomplish this, complete the following steps:
Navigate to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server debug logs location:
For BlackBerry Enterprise Service 12 (BES12)
For BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 (BES10)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10\Logs
Note: For BES10 it may be necessary to submit additional logs. Special instructions will be provided in this case.
For BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 5.0
32-bit versions of Windows:
C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Logs
64-bit versions of Windows:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Logs
Note: These are only the default location. To confirm the current location of the log files, check the Logging tab of the BlackBerry Server Configuration Panel.
Compress the required log files:
In most cases, an entire day's logs will be required and must be compressed prior to submission.
- Right-click the folder labeled with the date requested YYYYMMDD
- Choose Send to > Compressed (zipped) Folder
After a few moments, a file will be created within the Logs folder named YYYYMMDD.zip.
Complete the log submission form:
Navigate to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Log Submission Site.
Fill out the following fields:
- Ticket Number (Should be provided in an email or by a Support Agent)
- Your Name
- Company Name (Required)
- E-mail Address (Required)
Note: Comments is not a required field but additional information about the issue or the files being submitted can be entered here.
Submit the log upload:
- Click the Browse button next to File.
- Navigate to the location of the zipped file created above and click Open.
- The path should now appear in the field next to File. Verify that it is correct.
- Click Submit.
- The selected file will be uploaded to the log submission site and attached to the incident reference entered on the form.
When the logs have been submitted a confirmation screen will be displayed and a notification will be sent to BlackBerry Technical Support.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.