- BlackBerry App World™ for BlackBerry® smartphones
Unable to find the purchased ring-tone?
Ring tones downloaded from BlackBerry App World™ storefront can be found within the All or Download panel on the BlackBerry® smartphone. The icon will either have an album cover or spin-tones login with the ring-tone title beneath it. Open the ring-tone application on the device and click Download Ring-tone. Once the download is complete you can set the tone as your default ring-tone.
Ring-tone application won't run, cannot download ring-tone, get license or download error?
Loading the Ring-tone is a two step process. First purchase and install the ring-tone application from App World onto the BlackBerry smartphone and click OK to License Key Notification. Second, click Run to the Successful Installation Message, set Trusted Application Status to Yes and click Download Ring-tone. Once the download is complete set the tone as your default ring-tone.
If OK was clicked instead of Run, exit App World and locate the ring-tone application purchased in the All and Download panel on the BlackBerry smartphone. The icon will either have an album cover or spin-tones logo with the ring-tone name beneath it. Open the ring-tone application on the device and click Download Ring-tone. Once the download is complete you can set the tone as your default ring-tone.
Other steps to try:
- Delete the Ring-tone application from the BlackBerry smartphone and then reinstall the ring-tone from My World in BlackBerry App World
- If the BlackBerry smartphone is plugged into a computer during the ring-tone download then the download might encounter a license error. Please disconnect the BlackBerry smartphone from the computer and run the ring-tone application again to complete the ring-tone download.
- If the BlackBerry smartphone is currently out of coverage, roaming, on Wi-Fi® or has the data turned off then there is a potential for download errors. To avoid this ensure that the BlackBerry symbol indicating connection to the BlackBerry network is present before running the ring-tone application.
- Application permissions may not allow access to the ring-tone. To check this click Options -> Device -> Application Management, scroll to the ring-tone application and select it. Click Edit Permissions and confirm the Connection setting is Allow. Save any changes and reboot the BlackBerry smartphone if prompted.
- If the BlackBerry smartphone is connected to a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, confirm with the administrator that there is not an IT policy preventing the loading of ring-tones.
What account was the ring-tone application billed to?
The ring-tone purchase will be billed through BlackBerry App World and will default to being billed on the carrier phone bill if another option is not selected. To change the billing method for BlackBerry App World, please see KB23717. For a list of carriers/countries supporting direct billing from BlackBerry App World, please see https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/devzone/appworld/.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.