- BlackBerry 10 OS
- BlackBerry Link
BlackBerry Device Migration does not support migration of the following information to the BlackBerry 10 smartphone:
- Notifications and Profiles
- Email accounts (Email messages and settings)
- Facebook and Twitter (Accounts and settings)
- Current BBID being used
- Applications downloaded from BlackBerry App World
- Paired Bluetooth devices
- Password Keeper (application only, data is transferred)
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server data and settings
- Corporate pushed, or OTA backup enabled Wi-Fi profiles
- Custom auto-text (word substitution)
Note: Contacts and Calendar may not transfer to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone if the account where the entries are stored is wirelessly synchronized (for example: Gmail or Hotmail)
Note: Contacts may not transfer to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone if the previous BlackBerry smartphone has contact groups, refer to KB33578 for more information.
Notifications and Profiles
- These settings will need to be configured manually.
- All email accounts will need to be manually added to the BlackBerry 10 smartphone. Contact IT administrator before attempting to add a corporate / work email.
Calendar and Contacts
- For accounts that are wirelessly synchronized using accounts such as Gmail or Hotmail, the accounts where this information is stored will need to be added to the BlackBerry 10 smartphone under Settings > Accounts > Add Account.
Facebook and Twitter
- New enhanced versions of these applications are bundled with BlackBerry 10. The settings for these applications will need to be manually configured on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Current BBID being used
- Sign in using the correct BBID on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Applications downloaded from BlackBerry App World
- Applications downloaded to a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry 7 and earlier will not be able to run on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone. For this reason the applications are not transferred to the BlackBerry 10 smartphone. If the application is available for BlackBerry 10 it will be available in BlackBerry World (search the application name to determine availability). If the application is not available, contact the software vendor for more information.
Paired Bluetooth devices
- Due to hardware ID changes, all Bluetooth devices will need to be manually paired on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
- The Password Keeper data is migrated during a device switch, but the application is not included by default with the BlackBerry 10 OS.
- Open BlackBerry World and search for Password Keeper. Download and install the application in order to use your existing data. Once installed the application should prompt for the password that was used on the previous smartphone.
BlackBerry Enterprise Server data and setting
- BlackBerry 10 OS does not support Enterprise Activation to a BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 and earlier.
Note: These settings include the corporate Wi-Fi profile pushed and backed up via the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
For more information on the Device Switch process, visit www.blackberry.com/deviceswitch.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.