- BlackBerry 10 OS
- BlackBerry Remember
- File Manager
- Password Keeper
The following information is intended for retail support representatives who are assisting customers with troubleshooting.
BlackBerry smartphone users may experience issues with core applications (for example, Contacts, Calendar, BlackBerry Remember, BBM, File Manager, Password Keeper, etc.). This article provides information to help troubleshoot core applications issues.
Regarding use of BlackBerry Software: Individuals working in a retail support capacity may assist customers with updating, backing up, restoring and reloading their software by providing the appropriate KB, if applicable, and using customer’s hardware ONLY. In order to protect the privacy of customer data, only the BlackBerry Virtual Expert tool should be used.
Note: BlackBerry Desktop Software and BlackBerry Link are for customer use only.
The first step in resolving a customer issue is to perform a physical inspection of the BlackBerry smartphone. For more information, see KB35521.
The following articles provide information to help with general troubleshooting:
The following articles provide information to help with advanced troubleshooting:
- KB33812 - How to integrate iCloud contact, calendar, or email accounts on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone
- KB34047 - Duplicate Gmail Contacts appear on the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone
- KB34323 - Unable to add iCloud calendar to BlackBerry 10 smartphone
- KB33565 - Gmail calendar items are not populated on the device in a timely manner after integration
- KB33603 - How to manage which accounts will display in the Contacts application on the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone
- KB34444 - Automatic contact linking expected behavior on BlackBerry 10 OS
- KB33471 - Evernote HTML content that does not render properly in Remember
- KB34948 - Evernote account integration on the BlackBerry 10 OS
- KB33495 - Contacts are missing avatars in BlackBerry Messenger for BlackBerry 10
- KB33543 - In some cases a BBM message may fail to send and display a red X
- KB33708 - BBM conversations do not rotate to Landscape orientation
- KB33774 - BBM Music is not available for BlackBerry 10 smartphones
- KB34849 - Unable to change the BBM Display Picture on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone
- KB26069 - What is Video Chat for the BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry 10
- KB26816 - Using Video Chat, BBM Voice, or BBM behind a firewall
- KB34341 - "Screen sharing is not ready" is displayed when attempting to initiate a Screen Share during a BBM Video chat on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone
- KB33780 - "A temporary server error has occurred error" may be displayed during initial setup of BBM and BBM contacts appear to have disappeared
- KB33252 - Importing passwords from a previous BlackBerry smartphone into the Password Keeper application on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone
- KB33255 - The Password Keeper application does not display on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone
- KB33622 - The Password Keeper application is not restored when restoring using BlackBerry Link
- KB33623 - Password Keeper data is not restored when using BlackBerry Link
- For User Guides, Visual Demonstrations, and Tutorials, visit docs.blackberry.com. Under the BlackBerry Manuals & Help section, choose BlackBerry Manuals > Smartphones > BlackBerry smartphones. Choose the relevant BlackBerry smartphone model.
- Additional help may be found on the BlackBerry smartphone's Help application.
Searching for other possible solutions
If a solution is not found by using the information or articles linked above, use the following tips to effectively search the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for a solution:
- Use the customer's words.
- For example, BlackBerry will not turn on instead of The device will not boot or startup.
- Use keywords and be straight to the point (avoid filler).
- For example,
When theBlackBerry has been turned off itwill not turn on
- For example,
- Use quotes to search for an exact set of words.
- For example, Application net_rim_bb_vvm is not responding finds many articles, but "Application net_rim_bb_vvm is not responding" finds only the article with the exact error.
- Refine search results by entering another search in the Search Within search box or by selecting the applicable product from the Focus Your Results section in the left sidebar.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.