- BlackBerry 10 OS
- Blackberry Enterprise Service 10 version 10.2 or later
- IBM Notes Traveler
- IBM SmartCloud
BlackBerry 10 OS now supports two-way synchronization of IBM Notes To Dos via Traveler with the following minimum requirements:
- IBM Traveler 22.214.171.124 IF4 or 9.0.1 IF3 is a minimum requirement, IBM SmartCloud Traveler
- BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2.1 and higher
- BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 is NOT a requirement, however if a user is activating via BES10, minimum BES10 requirement is BES10 version 10.2
When synchronization of To Dos is enabled, To Dos will sync to the native Remember application on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone. The user can access and work with To Dos from the Remember application.
Enabling To Do Sync without BES10:
When a user activates the BlackBerry 10 smartphone running device software version 10.2.1 or later directly with Traveler (not via a BlackBerry Enterprise Server activation), IBM Notes Traveler is selected either automatically or manually via Advanced Options. Once the user has completed the account setup, the user is prompted to enable various features for two-way sync including email, calendar, contact and To Dos. By default, it is already enabled.
Note: If the user has already activated their device with Traveler prior to updating the device software to 10.2.1 or later, the user will need to remove and re-add the account in order to enable To Do Sync.
Enabling To Do sync for a user via BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10:
BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 introduced the ability for an administrator to create an Email Profile specifically for IBM Notes Traveler. Prior to BES10 version 10.2, an administrator could only create an email for generic Microsoft ActiveSync.
To create an Email Profile for IBM Notes Traveler with To Do Sync enabled:
- Log into the BlackBerry Device Service Administration Service.
- Expand Profiles from the Navigator pane on the left.
- Select Create an email profile.
- Enter a Profile Name and Description (description is optional).
- Click Continue.
- Next to Type in the Profile Settings section, click the drop-down and select IBM Notes Traveler.
- Set the various email profile settings and ensure To Do sync is set to Yes (Yes is the default).
- Once you have completed the profile, select Save.
This new profile will now be available to assign to users.
If there are users already connected to Traveler via BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 with a Microsoft ActiveSync profile, and the desire is to enable To Do sync for those users, then edit the existing Email Profile, switch the Type from Microsoft ActiveSync to IBM Notes Traveler, ensure To Do sync is set to Yes then save.
This will automatically update the profile settings on the users device, enable To Do sync and initiate a re-sync of all Account data (email, calendar, contacts, To Dos).
Note: While this is a viable option, the re-sync of all existing accounts at once may cause performance issues on the server, including delays in delivering data to the device and running policy and application deployment jobs. For this reason it is recommended to create a new Email Profile for IBM Notes Traveler and migrate the users from the previous Microsoft ActiveSync profile to the IBM Notes Traveler profile in smaller batches.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.